Tuesday 1 October 2013

Update

You may remember MS Athena from my third Ship Profiles post.

Just now I discovered that she has new owners, a new Portuguese cruise company Portuscale Cruises. She has been renamed Azores and even repainted. I would really like to see the 65 year-old lady to set sail again, and now things are looking promising. I hope her new owners will treat her well, and that she will serve them well for years to come. 

www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de

P.S. In addition to being one of my favourite ships of those that I have written of, I've also found out that she was the first ship of an ancient ancestor of AIDA cruises. She sailed for them between 1960 and 1985 as Völkerfreundschaft. Obviously, she never had the famous face-like livery; that characteristic is about as old as I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment