Tuesday 1 October 2013

Coming up next

Now that the cruise season is somewhat over, and I'm not so new to all this ship thing anymore - not enough to go out and watch the regulars come and go very often - it may seem like there isn't much to do anymore. Well, yes, it's not the same anymore, but there's still time 'til the Christmas & New Year cruise season that brings many Baltic Sea ships to Tallinn, and while I wait for that, I might get back to writing ship profiles. I'm not sure yet if I will or not, but it depends on you too - please, if you have a ship in mind that I should cover, by all means, tell me. Please note that I would like the ship to be at least somewhat modern. I like history, but I'm not historian enough myself to go dig up long forgotten details about ancient vessels. The 20th century seems like a good starting point. I've made it a bit easier to contact me - just use the form on the right. Your ideas, wishes and comments are welcome.

You may have also noticed that I've added a countdown clock to the top. Now it's counting days until my next cruise - I will be setting sail on the 21st of October, heading to Stockholm to spend a day there. For me, it's quite an event. I know at least 50 people who have done a similar cruise before; an estonian who has never been to Stockholm or Sweden is rare, considering the wide range of transportation options from Tallink and DFDS, even Viking Line through Helsinki, and of course you can go by plane too. Nevertheless, I've never been to Sweden. Since 2003 I've had at least 10 chances or possibilities to go, but every single one of them has been cancelled or rejected for some reason. But now we have tickets booked and paid, and there isn't much that could prevent us now. In addition to stepping on the Swedish soil for the first time ever, I'll also get to spend two nights on Victoria, and I've already written down the timetables to not miss my chance to see Viking Grace and some ships I haven't seen for a long time, like Isabelle, Baltic Princess and Galaxy. There's a lot to look forward to.

My next destination

No comments:

Post a Comment